Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month. Please try to attend & offer your voice & ideas. This is your club! Meet your fellow enthusiasts.
Next meetings: 1/16, 2/20, 3/20, 4/17 @ 7:30 pm.
Come on an empty stomach, there is always a good meal afterwards. $2 beers!! 50/50 raffle!!
Membership applications can be printed from the BVCS web site https://bostonvalleycs.com. Dave Brooks, our membership chairman, may be reached at 649-8792 or email at daveb45cal[at]yahoo[dot]com.
What's happening @ your club?
Dear Pistol Shooters,
I am planning on starting the Winter League January 26th 2017 the first relay beginning at 6pm, a second starting at 7pm, and a third relay starting at 8pm.
Tuesday will be open shooting only with Thursday reserved for league shooting.
Each week two national matches per relay will be shot for score at the 25 yard line. You can shoot one gun (22 cal.) or two guns (22 cal. and CF) for a score each week.
Come out, have fun and shoot the league. It will be great to see you again.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 337-3555 or e-mail cwfjr45[at]gmail[dot]com.
Winter Schedule – 10 Weeks
Thursday: January 26 Thursday: February 2, 9, 16, 23 Thursday: March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 Thursday: April 6 – Make up
Open Pistol Shooting
Tuesday nights; doors open @ 7pm. Members’ range fee is $4 and nonmembers’ fee is $8 per night. All are welcome but we encourage frequent non-members to become members and support the club. Please be aware that non-members must fill out a one-time waiver. Forms are on hand at the range.
Fall trap? Are you serious? It's still in the high 80's, with very high humidity suited to summer shooting. Alas, it is September & actual fall is only 2 weeks away, so follow through we must! 3 weeks into the league there are 32 shooters, so far, compared to 41 for the fall league last year, with hopefully more to follow. All shooters have until the 22nd of Sept. to sign up for our league. Things have gone fairly well so far with enough of the weekly faithful coming out to keep the well oiled machine we call the BVCS trap program running with only minor distractions. Thank you to those people! As stated earlier, there is still time to get involved. Thanks; Trap Person.
League continues into January and February, the complete schedule can be found at the end of the Newsletter.
BVCS Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle Matches
Spring 2017 Schedule
BVCS Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle Matches using .22 cal. Rim fire rifles & Air Rifles
- Shooting position is off-hand standing with the target 50 feet.
- The sport is designed so that expensive special equipment is NOT required.
- It is possible to be competitive with equipment you may already own.
- There is a maximum weight on scoped or open sight guns of 8.5 pounds for
- Light Rifle, any heavier would be considered Heavy Rifle.
- We will have 2 classes of competitors: Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle.
- Slings or other devices that provide artificial support are not allowed.
- A match consists of one completed target with 30 record shots per target.
- Each target has two sighter targets & ten record targets with three shots on each.
- Shooters are given 5 min. for sighters.
- Shooters are given 40 min. for record shots on 10 bulls.
- Target used is the NRA Official Light Rifle Target A-32 (2 together)
- A perfect match score is 300.
- Registration and a one-time weigh in of each rifle is required before shooting the matches.
- Cost per match is $4.00 ( paid before shooting )
- A prepay $40.00 for 8 matches to secure a time slot and range position is available. Any additional scores would be $4.00.
- You may shoot ahead or behind for all dates.
- You may shoot unlimited matches & your top 8 scores will be for record.
- Prizes based on number of competitors.
- Pizza Party: April 19th after the matches
March: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 April: 5, 12, 19
Relays: 6pm, 7pm, 8pm
- Non-members MUST sign insurance waiver forms
- You may compete in BOTH light and heavy rifle matches, but required to pay $4 for each match
- Shooting positions are on a first come paid basis unless you prepay $40 for 8 weeks reserving a time slot and range position
Schedule for 2017:
- Relay starts at 6pm, 7pm, 8pm on Wednesdays
- Cost is $4.00 to shoot per score
- A prepay $40.00 for 8 weeks will secure a time slot and range position
- Any additional scores would be $4.00 ( unlimited shoots- top 8 scores used)
- Pellets available to purchase as needed
- If you need to borrow an air pistol (call first) 867-4814
- Distance is 33 feet, sighters shots & 40 shots for record
August: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 September: 6, 13, 20
Pizza party after the matches on the 20th. Any questions call Jerry & Betty Dobson 867-4814.
Trap has been dormant for the winter season since the Fall Trap League finished in Late October. The next shooting will occur on March 26th, April 2nd & April 9th. These are the dates for the WNY Winter League that shoot at many local clubs. This will be a busy & profitable time for our club. Any & all trap help will be greatly appreciated along with some friendly bartenders. The Young guns have agreed to do the kitchen duty with the trap program paying all expenses for them. Food, coffee, donuts, etc.
The BVCS Spring league will begin on April 23rd & run for 10 weeks. As always, we look forward to seeing & serving members & other participants at our shooting endeavors.
Thank You; Trap
For information on Young Guns contact Howard Hoelscher at 649-3432.
We try to keep the website as current as possible. Please check it out as it has a calendar of events posted as well as the newsletter and other information. https://bostonvalleycs.com
The next Newsletter will be out in early May 2017; the deadline for information will be April 30th, 2017. Please email information you would like to have published, or to add/edit/remove your email address, to Ryan Rosiek at rosiek56[at]gmail[dot]com. Copies of the current Newsletter are available at the club or on the website.
Erie County SCOPE Chapter holds monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings are located at Harvey D. Morin VFW Post, 965 Center Road, West Seneca, NY 14224 and begin at 7pm.
Erie County Chapter
Carl Leas Chairman carlpride[at]msn.com 716-656-0350
Frain Boncore Secretary frankboncore[at]hotmail.com 716-674-3523
Please show your support for your 2nd amendment rights with your membership to the NRA and SCOPE. There are many links through these organizations to support your gun rights. Be pro-active in contacting your politicians