Annual Installation Dinner and Chinese Auction
- Saturday, January 17, 2015
- Cocktails at 6 pm, dinner at 7pm
- Cost; only $10 per person
- Contact Jim Bugenhagen for reservations and tickets at 200-3466
- We need to have a final count by Monday, January 12th
- Chinese auction items may be brought to the club on Friday, January 16th or contact Rich Hoellig at 668-1852
- Work party to set up for the dinner; Friday, January 16th at 6pm – Volunteers needed
- Dessert donations are welcome the night of the dinner
Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month. Please try to attend & offer your voice & ideas. This is your club! Meet your fellow enthusiasts. Next meetings: 1/19, 2/16, 3/16 and 4/20 @ 7:30 pm. Come on an empty stomach, there is always a good meal afterwards. $2 beers!! 50/50 raffle!!
Fund Raiser: $5 Gun Raffle
- Our gun raffle drawing will be held at the 2/16 meeting. Please be sure to turn in both sold and unsold tickets on or before the February meeting.
- Prizes: First prize; Henry Big Boy or $500 cash, second prize; $50, third prize; $25.
- See Jim Bugenhagen @ the club if you have tickets to return or need tickets.
- We will only be selling 500 tickets.
- Remember each member is required to sell at least 2 tickets.
Fund Raiser: 2015 Calendars
- The calendar sale has ended, please return all sold calendar stubs to the club now so that they may be eligible to win.
- Membership applications can be printed from the BVCS web site http://bostonvalleycs.com and sent to Dave Brooks.
What's happening @ your club?
Installation Dinner and Chinese Auction
Saturday, January 17th, 6pm cocktails – 7pm dinner and Chinese Auction. See info on the front of this newsletter. Please try to come. It is an inexpensive night out, a lot of fun, and a good chance to see fellow members.
Trap will resume again in March. Thanks to Ernie Miller for a successful Fall League.
Cliff will be starting the winter league on Thursdays, beginning January 22nd. Please see the flyer with the schedule and details at the end of this newsletter. New shooters are always welcome and encouraged to participate.
The league is underway on Wednesdays at 7 pm. New shooters are always welcome. The last night of Suburban Pistol shooting is 2/25/15.
Open Pistol Shooting
Tuesday nights; doors open @ 7pm. Members’ range fee is $3 and nonmembers’ fee is $7 per night. All are welcome but we encourage frequent non-members to become members and support the club. Please be aware that non-members must fill out a one-time waiver. Forms are on hand at the range.
Air Pistol/Air Rifle
Air pistol is suspended for the winter months.
- Air Pistol schedule 2015 BVCS
- Relay starts at 7 pm
- Cost is $4.00 to shoot
- Pellets available to purchase as needed
- If you need to borrow an air pistol (call first) 867-4814
- Distance 33 feet. Sighters shots and 60 shots for record.
DATES: June 8, 22 – July 13, 27 –Aug. 10, 24 – Sept. 14, 28 – Oct. 12, 26 – Nov. 9, 23 – Dec. 14 with pizza & wings party at the match in Dec.
- RIFLE schedule 2015 BVCS
- Rifle 22 or Air Rifle (not part of the 8 week rifle in spring)
- Relay starts at 6pm
- Cost is $4.00 or $2.00 if you continue to shoot the next air pistol match. If you need to borrow an air rifle (call first) 867-4814 Distance is 50 feet. Sighter shots & 30 shots for record.
- DATES: June 22 – July 27 – Aug. 24 – Sept. 28 – Oct. 26 – Nov. 23
- Any questions call Jerry & Betty Dobson 867-4814
Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle .22 Matches
BVCS Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle Matches using .22 cal. Rim fire rifles & Air Rifles 2015
- Shooting position is off-hand standing with the target 50 feet.
- The sport is designed so that expensive special equipment is NOT required.
- It is possible to be competitive with equipment you may already own.
- There is a maximum weight on scoped or open sight guns of 8.5 pounds for Light Rifle, any heavier would be consider Heavy Rifle.
- We will have 2 classes of competitors: Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle.
- Slings or other devices that provide artificial support are not allowed.
- A match consists of one completed target with 30 record shots per target.
- Each target has two slighter targets & ten record targets with three shots on each.
- Shooters are given 5 min. for sighters.
- Shooters are given 40 min. for record shots on 10 bulls.
- Target used is the NRA Official Light Rifle Target A-32 (2 together) A perfect match score is 300. Registration and a one time weigh in of each rifle is required before shooting the matches. Cost per match is $4.00 (paid before shooting) You may shoot ahead or behind for all dates.
- You may shoot unlimited matches & your top 8 scores will be for record.
- Prizes based on number of competitors.
- Banquet cost is $10.00 (to be paid by April 22), Banquet date is April 29th. MATCH DATES: 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22
- Relays: 6 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm
- REMINDER: non-members MUST sign insurance waiver forms
- REMINDER: you may compete in BOTH Light & Heavy Rifle matches, but required to pay $4.00 for each match
- REMINDER: shooting positions are on a first come paid basis
- Any questions call: Jerry or Betty Dobson at 867-4814
For information on Young Guns contact Howard Hoelscher at 649-3432.
We try to keep the website as current as possible. Please check it out as it has a calendar of events posted as well as the newsletter and other information. https://bostonvalleycs.com
The next newsletter will be out in early April. The deadline for information will be April 3, 2015. Please email information you would like to have published, or to add or remove your email address please email Mary Beth Rosiek at rosiek56[at]gmail[dot]com. Copies of the current Newsletter are available at the club or on the website.
Erie County SCOPE Chapter holds monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings begin at 7pm at ‘The Chicken Coop’, VFW Post 8113, 299 Lydecker Rd. in West Seneca. Located at the intersection where East & West Rd. ends at Lydecker.
Erie County Chapter
Carl Leas Chairman carlpride[at]msn.com 716-656-0350
Herb Berry, Treasurer hsberry1[at]localnet.com 716-825-4174
Frain Boncore, Secretary frankboncore[at]hotmail.com 716-674-3523
Please show your support for your 2nd amendment rights with your membership to the NRA and SCOPE. There are many links through these organizations to support your gun rights. Be pro-active in contacting your politicians.