Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month. Please try to attend & offer your voice & ideas. This is your club! Meet your fellow enthusiasts. Next meetings: 7/20, 8/17, 9/21, and 10/19 @ 7:30 pm. Come on an empty stomach, there is always a good meal afterwards. $2 beers!! 50/50 raffle!!
Fund Raiser: $5 Gun Raffle
- Tickets will be available for the next gun raffle which will be drawn at the July 20th meeting.
- First prize is a Savage model 25 with thumbhole stock ni .222 caliber.
- We will only be selling 500 tickets.
- Remember each member is required to sell at least 2 tickets.
- At our upcoming July 20th meeting, Dave Brooks will be prepared to accept membership dues. If at all possible any payments that can be made on July 20th will save time and money in mailing dues statements.
- Our current membership drive expires July 31st, 2015. We are waiving the initiation fee and offering savings on first year dues. Please see the attached flyer that you may print and distribute.
- For more information please contact our membership chairman Dave Brooks at 649-8792 or at daveb45cal[at]yahoo[dot]com
- Membership applications can be printed from the BVCS web site http://bostonvalleycs.com and sent to Dave Brooks.
What's happening @ your club?
We must all take an active role in preserving our 2nd amendment rights. While memberships in the NRA and Scope are very imporatnt, we also need to be contacting our politicians. Letters, emails, phone calls go a long way in letting our politicians know how we feel. Please take the initiative to locate and contact your politicians. Please see the list at the end of the newsletter that may be of assistance.
Please look forward to the fall pistol schedule that will be published in the September Newsletter. Last year there was a decline in participation for many reasons including availability of ammunition, etc. Members, please consider shooting the league and encouraging friends and even non-members to participate. If we don't have enough participation it doesn't make sense for the volunteers that run the program as well as the cost of lights and heat. It is a lot of fun, good practice and really the only competition is against yourself.
Doubles are into the 5th week with just 1 more week to go with a small pizza party on July 23rd. There have been only 9 participating shooters. Interest has obviously waned in the doubles trap discipline. After the doubles end, we will be open on Thursdays only for open shooting until our Fall Trap League commences on Sunday, August16th when we will be open Sundays; 9:00 am - 12:00 noon & Thursdays 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Hope to see some new shooters & members come out to try their abilities at trap shooting. THANKS; The trap chairman
Last season BVCS had another success. Look for the new schedule to be posted in the September Newsletter. We should be starting again at the end of September. New shooters are always welcome and encouraged. It is a handicap league and the more shooters the better chances we have.
Open Pistol Shooting
Tuesday nights; doors open @ 7pm. Members’ range fee is $3 and nonmembers’ fee is $7 per night. All are welcome but we encourage frequent non-members to become members and support the club. Please be aware that non-members must fill out a one-time waiver. Forms are on hand at the range. Thanks to Joe Novoa for being there every Tuesday night.
Air Pistol / Air Rifle
- Air Pistol schedule 2015 BVCS
- Relay starts at 7 pm
- Cost is $4.00 to shoot
- Pellets available to purchase as needed
- If you need to borrow an air pistol (call first) 867-4814
- Distance 33 feet. Sighters shots and 60 shots for record.
- DATES: Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 – Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23 (pizza party for shooters only)
- Any questions call Jerry & Betty Dobson 867-4814
For information on Young Guns contact Howard Hoelscher at 649-3432.
We try to keep the website as current as possible. Please check it out as it has a calendar of events posted as well as the newsletter and other information. https://bostonvalleycs.com/
The next newsletter will be out in mid September. The deadline for information will be September 10, 2015. Please email information you would like to have published, or to add or remove your email address please email Mary Beth Rosiek at rosiek56[at]gmail[dot]com. Copies of the current Newsletter are available at the club or on the website.
Erie County SCOPE Chapter holds monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings begin at 7pm at ‘The Chicken Coop’, VFW Post 8113, 299 Lydecker Rd. in West Seneca. Located at the intersection where East & West Rd. ends at Lydecker.
Erie County Chapter
Carl Leas Chairman carlpride[at]msn.com 716-656-0350
Herb Berry, Treasurer hsberry1[at]localnet.com 716-825-4174
Frain Boncore, Secretary frankboncore[at]hotmail.com 716-674-3523
Please show your support for your 2nd amendment rights with your membership to the NRA and SCOPE. There are many links through these organizations to support your gun rights. Be pro-active in contacting your politicians.
- Hat (Green): $11.00
- Hat (Camo): $11.00
- T-Shirt (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl): $9.00
- Sweatshirt (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl):$13.00
- Hoodie Pullover (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl):$19.00
- Zipper Hoodie (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl):$24.00
- Jacket (m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl/tall):$70.00