Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month. Please try to attend & offer your voice & ideas. This is your club! Meet your fellow enthusiasts. Next meetings: 4/20, 5/18, 6/15, 7/20, and 8/17 @ 7:30 pm. Come on an empty stomach, there is always a good meal afterwards. $2 beers!! 50/50 raffle!!
Fund Raiser: $5 Gun Raffle
- Tickets will be available for the next gun raffle which will be drawn at the July 20th meeting.
- First prize is a Savage model 25 with thumbhole stock ni .222 caliber.
- We will only be selling 500 tickets.
- Remember each member is required to sell at least 2 tickets.
- We are again holding a membership drive beginning April 1st and running through July 31st, 2015. We are waiving the initiation fee and offering savings on first year dues. Please see the attached flyer that you may print and distribute.
- For more information please contact our membership chairman Dave Brooks at 649-8792 or at daveb45cal[at]yahoo[dot]com
- Membership applications can be printed from the BVCS web site http://bostonvalleycs.com and sent to Dave Brooks.
What's happening @ your club?
BVCS Logo Shirts, Hats, & Sweatshirts
Attached is an order form to use to place your order for BVCS Logo T-shirts, sweatshirts and hats. Jim Bugenhagen would like to have all orders final by the April 20th meeting. Checks can be made out directly to Jim Bugenhagen. You can email the form back to Jim at jimbuggie[at]aol[dot]com. If you have any questions you can call Jim at 200-3466.
The winter league has ended. Thanks again to Cliff for running the league. Look for more information in the Newsletter for the fall league. New shooters are always welcome and encouraged to participate.
Our Spring Trap League started March 22nd. and is scheduled to run for 10 weeks ending with a trap party in early June. Shooting hours are Sundays, 9:00 am - 12:00 noon and Thursdays, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. We have been plagued by trap fields filled with snow and continued bad weather. Of the 4 days open, so far, we've had only 1 good day. Suffice to say, the turnout of shooters has been very low. Hopefully the weather will turn better and entice more shooters to venture forth. I would like to thank Jim Buggenhagen for his efforts to clear snow for trap and the facilities in general and also for his support. We look forward to seeing more come out to enjoy the shooting sports. We will hopefully run a doubles league for 6 weeks during the summer, shooting on Thursday evenings. Fall trap will start in mid August and continue on the Sunday and Thursday schedule. As always , I would thank the faithful few that come out to labor for ""YOUR CLUB"" to make trap as successful as it is.
Thanx; Trap Chairman Miller
Suburban Pistol League is over for the season. We are still waiting for final results.
Open Pistol Shooting
Tuesday nights; doors open @ 7pm. Members’ range fee is $3 and nonmembers’ fee is $7 per night. All are welcome but we encourage frequent non-members to become members and support the club. Please be aware that non-members must fill out a one-time waiver. Forms are on hand at the range.
Air Pistol/Air Rifle
Air pistol is suspended for the winter months.
- Air Pistol schedule 2015 BVCS
- Relay starts at 7 pm
- Cost is $4.00 to shoot
- Pellets available to purchase as needed
- If you need to borrow an air pistol (call first) 867-4814
- Distance 33 feet. Sighters shots and 60 shots for record.
- DATES: Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 – Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23 (pizza party for shooters only)
- Any questions call Jerry & Betty Dobson 867-4814
Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle .22 Matches
BVCS Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle Matches using .22 cal. Rim fire rifles & Air Rifles 2015 Schedule
- Shooting position is off-hand standing with the target 50 feet.
- The sport is designed so that expensive special equipment is NOT required.
- It is possible to be competitive with equipment you may already own.
- There is a maximum weight on scoped or open sight guns of 8.5 pounds for Light Rifle, any heavier would be consider Heavy Rifle.
- We will have 2 classes of competitors: Light Rifle & Heavy Rifle.
- Slings or other devices that provide artificial support are not allowed.
- A match consists of one completed target with 30 record shots per target.
- Each target has two slighter targets & ten record targets with three shots on each.
- Shooters are given 5 min. for sighters.
- Shooters are given 40 min. for record shots on 10 bulls.
- Target used is the NRA Official Light Rifle Target A-32 (2 together)
- A perfect match score is 300.
- Registration and a one time weigh in of each rifle is required before shooting the matches.
- Cost per match is $4.00 (paid before shooting) You may shoot ahead or behind for all dates.
- You may shoot unlimited matches & your top 8 scores will be for record.
- Prizes based on number of competitors.
- Banquet cost is $10.00 (to be paid by April 22), Banquet date is April 29th.
- MATCH DATES: 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22
- Relays: 6 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm
- REMINDER: non-members MUST sign insurance waiver forms
- REMINDER: you may compete in BOTH Light & Heavy Rifle matches, but required to pay $4.00 for each match
- REMINDER: shooting positions are on a first come paid basis
- Any questions call: Jerry or Betty Dobson at 867-4814
For information on Young Guns contact Howard Hoelscher at 649-3432.
We try to keep the website as current as possible. Please check it out as it has a calendar of events posted as well as the newsletter and other information. https://bostonvalleycs.com/
The next newsletter will be out in early July. The deadline for information will be July 9, 2015. Please email information you would like to have published, or to add or remove your email address please email Mary Beth Rosiek at rosiek56[at]gmail[dot]com. Copies of the current Newsletter are available at the club or on the website.
Erie County SCOPE Chapter holds monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings begin at 7pm at ‘The Chicken Coop’, VFW Post 8113, 299 Lydecker Rd. in West Seneca. Located at the intersection where East & West Rd. ends at Lydecker.
Erie County Chapter
Carl Leas Chairman carlpride[at]msn.com 716-656-0350
Herb Berry, Treasurer hsberry1[at]localnet.com 716-825-4174
Frain Boncore, Secretary frankboncore[at]hotmail.com 716-674-3523
Please show your support for your 2nd amendment rights with your membership to the NRA and SCOPE. There are many links through these organizations to support your gun rights. Be pro-active in contacting your politicians.
- Hat (Green): $11.00
- Hat (Camo): $11.00
- T-Shirt (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl): $9.00
- Sweatshirt (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl):$13.00
- Hoodie Pullover (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl):$19.00
- Zipper Hoodie (s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl):$24.00
- Jacket (m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl/xxxxl/tall):$70.00
Boston Valley Conservation Society Membership Drive: April 1 - July 31 2015
- No initiation fee
- Reduced 1st year dues - save $25
- Single membership for NRA member - $50
- Single membership without NRA - $85
- Add spouse - $20
- Family membership - $80
- Jr membership - $10