Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month. Please try to attend & offer your voice & ideas. This is your club! Meet your fellow enthusiasts. Next meetings: 9/15, 10/20, 11/17 and 12/15 @ 7:30 pm. Come on an empty stomach, there is always a good meal afterwards. $2 beers!! 50/50 raffle!!
Fund Raiser: $5 Gun Raffle
- Our gun raffle drawing will be held at the 9/15 meeting. Please be sure to turn in both sold and unsold tickets on or before the September meeting.
- Prizes: First prize; Ruger Mini 14 rifle, second prize; $50, third prize; $25.
- See Jim Bugenhagen @ the club if you have tickets to return or need tickets.
- We will only be selling 500 tickets.
- Remember each member is required to sell at least 2 tickets.
Fund Raiser: 2015 Calendars
- 2015 Lottery Raffle Calendars are in and available for pick up anytime the Club is open.
- Select your lucky number, complete the stub and return it with payment to the Club.
- The calendars are a $20 donation and benefit 4H to DEC Camp Fund and building maintenance.
- The winning numbers are determined by the PA evening 3 digit number.
- You are eligible to win $20 Monday through Saturday, $50 on Sundays and $100 on 18 Holidays.
- Winning numbers may be drawn more than once throughout the year. You do not have to watch the numbers. Checks will be mailed to you at the end of each month.
- Calendars must be sold and paid for by December 31, 2014.
- For more information call Dave Karb at 941-6781.
- They make great gifts with an excellent opportunity to win.
- We need membership participation and support to make this a success.
- At last month’s meeting it was decided to extend our current membership drive until Oct. 1, 2014. We are waiving the initiation fee and offering savings on first year dues.
- For more information please contact our membership chairman Dave Brooks at 649-8792 or at daveb45cal[at]yahoo[dot]com
- Membership applications can be printed from the BVCS web site http://bostonvalleycs.com and sent to Dave Brooks.
What's happening @ your club?
Anyone interested in a board position please contact Jim Bugenhagen at 200-3466 or see him at the Club. Any existing member with their term expiring this fall should let their intentions be known as to whether they would like to run/serve another term. New faces are always welcome.
All members should have either paid their dues or received notices by mail. Please remit your dues now to avoid extra workload for the club and late fees. If you haven’t received your notice please contact Dave Brooks at 649-8792 or at daveb45cal[at]yahoo[dot]com.
Please remember to make sure you and your friends and family are registered to vote. It is our responsibility and duty to make our voice heard in Albany and Washington. Your vote does count. It is simple and “free”. You can get registration forms at most state agency offices and post offices or at any county board of elections or call 1-800-FOR-VOTE.
Report from Ernie Miller
As of this writing, the Phall Trap League is in it's 4th week. There are over 50 shooters; way over the norm for the last couple of years. Of course, being greedy & wanting to make YOUR CLUB a standout --- more would be better!
I stated at the August meeting, all are welcome to come out & try trap shooting. We sell ammunition & will lend you a gun, if needed. I always want to thank the faithful helpers YOUR CLUB has that come out week by week & make the trap program a well oiled machine.
Thanx; Trap Person, Ernie
Cliff will be starting the fall league on Thursdays, beginning September 25th. Please see the flyer with the schedule and details at the end of this newsletter.
Will be commencing again on October 10th. Please see the schedule at the end of this newsletter. New shooters are always welcome. This is an actual as well as handicapped league so everyone can compete and have fun. If you need more information contact Jim Bugenhagen at 200-3466.
Open Pistol Shooting
Tuesday nights; doors open @ 7pm. Members’ range fee is $3 and nonmembers’ fee is $7 per night. All are welcome but we encourage frequent non-members to become members and support the club. Please be aware that non-members must fill out a one-time waiver. Forms are on hand at the range.
Air pistol schedule 2014 BVCS
- 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month, match starts at 7pm (no Dec. 22)
- Cost is $4.00
- Cost if you need to borrow an air pistol (call 1st) & pellets is $5.50
- Distance is 33 feet. Sighters shots & 60 shots for record.
- July 14 & 28 Aug. 11 & 25 Sept. 8 & 22 Oct. 13 & 27 Nov. 10 & 24 Dec. 8
- Any questions call Jerry & Betty Dobson 867-4814
For information on Young Guns contact Howard Hoelscher at 649-3432.
Rifle (22 cal or air) schedule 2014 BVCS (not part of spring 8 week rifle matches) 4th Mondays of each month, match starts at 6pm (no Dec. 22) Cost is $4.00 or $2.00 if you continue to shoot the air pistol matches at 7 pm Distance is 50 feet. Sighter shots & 30 shots for record. July 28. Aug 25. Sept 22. Oct 27. Nov 24. Any questions call Jerry & Betty Dobson 867-4814
We try to keep the website as current as possible. Please check it out as it has a calendar of events posted as well as the newsletter and other information. https://bostonvalleycs.com
The next newsletter will be out in early January. The deadline for information will be December 30, 2014. Please email information you would like to have published, or to add or remove your email address please email Mary Beth Rosiek at rosiek56[at]gmail[dot]com. Copies of the current Newsletter are available at the club or on the website.
Erie County SCOPE Chapter holds monthly meetings every 3rd Thursday of the month. Meetings begin at 7pm at ‘The Chicken Coop’, VFW Post 8113, 299 Lydecker Rd. in West Seneca. Located at the intersection where East & West Rd. ends at Lydecker.
Erie County Chapter
Carl Leas Chairman carlpride[at]msn.com 716-656-0350
Herb Berry, Treasurer hsberry1[at]localnet.com 716-825-4174
Frain Boncore, Secretary frankboncore[at]hotmail.com 716-674-3523
Please show your support for your 2nd amendment rights with your membership to the NRA and SCOPE. There are many links through these organizations to support your gun rights. Be pro-active in contacting your politicians.